Actual economic situation
Given the low economic factor and its impact on society, a reclassification of students classes would identify a shift towards efficiency and renowned academic entities to cope with current demands in the economic sector.
In a medium-term the university will interact with a transition towards efficiency and the main players who will provide effective solutions for integration will define the competitiveness of market
Given the constant technological systems development and social media boom we can estimate in a medium and long term that the integrators of the intelligent educational systems will grab the biggest part of the market.
Factors determining the need for transformation
- Economical pressure, including demographic change, amplified by the economic crisis is forcing the educational institutions to do more, with similar or reduced budgets.
- Online courses and other methods of teaching and education through collaboration are becoming more widespread, especially in higher education. Online education is particularly attractive for mobile students or part-time who want a structure for continuous education.
- High demands for efficiency, and improved educational systems, attract the need for innovative solutions and services to complement existing systems and traditional materials, focusing on open source and digital content.
- Administrative flexibility requirements are increasing.
- Management and operational complexity is more sensitive, with more devices, which often operate on a variety of environments, and the academics are looking for ways to run their IT efforts efficiently, effectively and economically.
How can we offer a distinctive experience for each student, researcher, professor?
How can we provide a more efficient interaction system with business environment, capitalizing on growth?
How can we use more efficiently collaboration methods, within and outside university giving birth to an integrated innovation through collaboration system?
The program aims the infusion of business intelligence in educational structures by integrating enterprise social media and a set of best practices. The best practices help the universities to use the social media software to it’s maximum capacity by developing interactively the research system, by facilitating the growth of the relationship between student and the business environment, by streamlining the communication between the universities, on the innovation and development structures and by integrating the results in the business environment.
Focusing on developing students’ skills and success
Combining advanced analytical capabilities with intelligent methods of collaboration with educational resources and research in order to create new perspectives and safe policy makers.
Developing Innovation system
Focusing on the student and teacher, develop interactive collaboration with the research systems, for aligning the innovation with the current economical needs.
Development of an intelligent infrastructure, with collaborative applications and flexible processes, which reduce the costs and dynamically align to the new security and safety requirements.
The solution is composed from:
- Lotus Software
- Business Analytics for Education
- Smart Work
- Cloud Computing
- Design focused on identifying value in specific customer needs
- Consulting for implementation of University Media Services, in the collaboration platform
- Consultancy services for community interaction with the business environment by promoting innovative resources developed through collaboration platform
- Identify opportunities and location of beneficiaries in the business environment
- Coordination communities for developing the projects by integrating a specific structure of Project Management.
- Integrating the collaboration between the Universities in collaboration platform
- Coordination of communities for projects of common interest
- Identification of potential beneficiaries
- Logistic support for innovation
- Developing potential for e-ERASMUS
- Stimulation of the branding by adding value
- Launch an integrated service of remote education.
- Emphasis in academic environment
- Sustainability of government relations by supporting efforts to transform education.
- Identifying new sources of income;
- Launching the latest educational techniques;
- Creating an optimal collaboration system
- Development of smart structures for collaboration with business environment
Medium and long term
- Consolidation and compaction of the research services;
- Developing a collaborative professional training system for teachers;
- Developing a collaborative mentality among the students communities of the university
- The continuous increase of the learning quality
- Improving the climate for collaboration with partner universities;
- Transforming university practice system;
- Developing automated techniques for supporting the process of collaboration between students, university and business;
- Increasing international relations;